How to transfer a domain to Just In Time Design
The following list is a step-by-step guide to transferring your domain to Just In Time Design. Domain name transfers can be completed in as little as a few hours. However, you need to be aware that if all of these steps are not completed fully, it may take up to 12 days to transfer your domain.
- Obtain the EPP/Auth Code from the current company that the domain is registered with.
- After you have the EPP Code, go to the Transfer A Domain page.
- Enter in your domain and click go.
- Choose the term that you would like to have the domain registered for and click "add to cart".
(note: you can renew for additional years at any time before the expiration date)
- Enter the EPP Code and your nameservers. You can choose your DNS Management, Email Forwarding and ID Protection options from this page. When everything is completed, click "update cart"
(Note: only two name servers are required. If you are hosting with Just In Time Design, your name servers should be ns1.justintimedesign.com and ns2.justintimedesign.com).
- Once your order is completed and paid for, it will be sent to our fraud detection office. Once verified, you will receive a 'verification email'
- In the verification email, there will be a link that you have to click on to approve the transfer. (Note: If you do not complete this step, the tranfer will not go through)
- Click on the link in the email then
- Approve the email on the website that opens when you clicked the link.
- After you have approved the transfer in step 7, you will receive an email from your current registrar. At this point, you can either do nothing (just wait) and within a few days(7 to 10 days) the transfer will complete on it's own. OR if you would like to finalize the transfer as soon as possible, you can login to your current domain registrars' website and "accept" the domain transfer. You will need to contact your current registrar if you need help finding the "accept" option. Accepting the transer will complete the transfer from your old registrar and your domain will show up as completed in the Just In Time Design Client Portal. At this point you can manage your domain settings through the Client Portal.
Was this answer helpful?
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution